January’s always a tough month after having time off over Christmas. If you’re feeling like you’re wading through mud and not getting anywhere fast, you’re not alone.
There are lots of reasons why January is the toughest month:
- There’s hardly any daylight and the weather is usually awful
- After time off over Christmas, it can be difficult getting back into the swing of things
- Dare I mention the additional stresses and strains of Covid?
- The media is full of bad news stories
- After a couple of weeks off together, relationships can be under pressure
- Finances can be stretched after the excesses of Christmas
- The 3rd Monday in January is ‘officially’ the most depressing day of the year.
Are you feeling off the hook yet? Have I convinced you to stop being so tough on yourself?
Be kind to yourself and allow some time to ease into your daily routine. Don’t be in too much of a rush to be back on form and making it happen. Sometimes doing nothing is not about succeeding rather than failing.
If you’re struggling to cope, and overwhelm, anxiety and overthinking are getting the better of you, I’m sure you’ll find my ‘Help Now’ cards useful. These are exactly the things to have downloaded to your phone for times when it feels like you’re going under.
Take it slowly out there.
To find out more about becoming a Fearless Female head over to my store.